Volunteer Work Ecuador South America
About the program:
Imagine Ecuador offers volunteers field experience in a variety of areas: reforestation, environmental education, community service and development, plant conservation, agriculture, and scientific research.
Why should you volunteer with us?
Volunteers have the possibility to chose from a wide variety of activities and fulfill others that are required, carrying out their work under the supervision of residential staff, researchers, environmental education instructors, and the administrative personnel of each area.
We look for people interested in contributing to the conservation of the environment.
This program will not only let you travel to a new country, visit wonderful places and live with people from different cultures, but it will also develop new skills, gain field experience and participate in activities aimed to preserve the forests and improve the quality of life of families living near or in the forested areas .
Join Imagine Ecuador in its efforts to protect the tropical ecosystems of Ecuador.
Conditions for volunteers
• Volunteers must pay their own expenses, including airfare to Ecuador and living costs while in the country.
Costs for Volunteering
• Volunteers have to pay an application fee and the program fee according to the number of weeks they will stay . The program fee includes accommodation at the reserve, three meals a day, the coordination, organization and total support during the volunteer program.
The payment has to be done before the volunteer program starts.
• Volunteers must have their own international health insurance and need to sign a waiver to release Imagine Ecuador from responsibility from any illness or injury incurred in Ecuador.
Duration of Volunteer Work
• The minimum time limit for volunteers /internships is one month. Volunteers will need a visa if staying in Ecuador more than 90 days.
• Volunteers are expected to work 8 hours a day, 22 days per month, therefore having 8 vacation days per month to be used upon approval of the project coordinator.
•University study is not a prerequisite to be accepted into the Program. Prospective volunteers should have interest in conservation and related human issues.
• There exists a small risk of malaria in the jungle. Therefore volunteers must supply their own malaria prophylaxis while volunteering at either of these four sites.
• While at the reserves, volunteers need approximately $20 USD per week for additional costs (beverages, community visits, , etc). However, please take along small bills to the reserves ($5 USD denominations or less).
Please inquire with Imagine Ecuador Volunteer Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) to organize arrival dates to Ecuador and before booking air tickets.
What to bring?
• Rubber boots, rain poncho or raincoat, working gloves or garden gloves, another pair of good walking shoes, work clothes (long sleeve shirts –light colors- and pants, easy to dry), swim suit, mosquito bed net, face net, flip flops or rubber sandals, loads of socks and T-shirts, sleeping bag), insect repellent, sun protection, water bottle, small pocket knife, sunglasses, plastic (zip lock) bags for dry storage, flashlight, binoculars and a personal first aid kit.
• Alcohol and drugs are prohibited during your volunteer program.
Fill into the blanks all the information required.
After you have received information from the Volunteer Coordinator you just need to apply by sending the following things:
1) Application letter indicating: experience in conservation activities, future interests, reasons for applying, preferred station and participation dates (participation dates are needed to guarantee space availability).
2) Doctor’s note stating you are fit to participate in all activities required of you OR Proof of international travel Insurance.
3) 2 passport size photographs
4) If you have an original project include the work plan (2-5 pages)
5) US$ 40 Application Fee.
You can send the documents by e mail or mail and the application fee via bank transfer, check in USD currency or cash to Imagine Ecuador Volunteer Program.
Baños - Ecuador-South America